Thursday, March 20, 2008

And The Debate Continues...

Windows Vista? Or XP? All over the internet you can read articles about the virtues of XP and the fight to save it. Debates on which is better, why did Microsoft move away from XP, I hate Vista, it's all out there.

"Microsoft have miscalculated the views of many in the industry as well as end-users just for the sake of boosting their bottom line." "Windows XP is, in my opinion, the best OS Microsoft has developed. It's fast (being able to run decent on 128MB of RAM, and runs wonderfully on 512MB), and it's very user friendly. Vista is a resource hog (anyone remember Windows 95? Yeah...), needing at least 1GB of RAM to run smoothly. 512MB runs fine, but does run as a slow XP would, and that's terrible. I myself, love XP, and hate Vista. I will continue to use XP as my primary OS as long as possible. I think Microsoft should continue the sales, and support of XP to give the people choice, which is what people really do want." "I've downgraded numerous times ( from Vista to XP)... actually, let's call it Upgraded. XP has all the features most people need and is very reliable. Vista has been difficult and does not offer anything new I need.""

What are your thoughts? Why not join the debate and start your own XP TeleConference Forum? Set up an FTC account and get up to 96 other people in on the discussion with you. Check it out, go to the Registration Page, enter your name and email and you are ready to go! Give the number and access code to whomever you want to , tell them a time to call and start the debate. Simple, easy to use, allways ready, allways free, any phone, any time, anywhere.

Free TeleCon. We're here to help!


 Subscribe in a reader

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vista SOO SUCKS!!!!
I just got my xp machine back from Fry's, the dvd drive went out under warranty. they gave me a FREE loaner but it was a vista unit. I shudda wiped it and loaded my xp on on it. But no I was way to f--king lazy! It took a little while to get used to it , had to re-set up some programs and download vista happy updates and stuff no big.
HERE IS THE STINGER!
I have lots of avi and mp2 files maybe over 600 or so on a few 750gig ex-HDs. Some files 650mb, others 4.7g. Vista reconfigured about 80% of them with no warning. Some now only play in french or default to spanish every 20 minutes. Or they are missing the last 20 minutes or so. Or the scren size is now medium max size. They all worked fine viewing on the vista machine, but when I went back to my xp they were f-ed up. Same crap with my outlook files. At least they were only jumbled up and not partially deleted. All this with no warning at all. Yet the whole time I was using the Vista it was constantly asking to do this or can it do that, AK AK aK aK....

PLEASE VOTE TO KEEP XP SUPPORTED!!
I do want to use vista, but it is just not ready yet... keep it indoors at the microsoft kennel, bill, its not house trained

Anonymous said...

VISTA is crap. I just got done reviewing several files I made using my NERO 7 Ultra using a Vista HP laptop with an AMD dual processor and 2 gigs of ram. Jumpy like it was being played on a vcr! I made the same discs on my old XPpro unit, 2600 processor, 1 gig ram runs wonderful.
and as an additional undisclosed feature on the Vista machine when I stop the disc playing the audio keeps playing for about 40 seconds! I just had some one tell me that to use Nero with a Vista OS I should use 2 hard drives! What does that have to do with play back??

VISTA REALLY DOES SUCK, unless you are rich and can afford all new software and want to re-do all your old files.

Well I bet if all I used was genuine microsoft programs it would be just fine. by the way I also can't get the Vista machine to work wirelessly with my 4 computer XP network at home. All I want to do is share a printer! Well at least it works if I plug it right into the printer, how quaint, another cable.